Thursday, September 22, 2011

Goals, goals, goals.... FiNiSh.

This morning I geared up to run at 7am. Just a short 30 min run but I semi-pretended it was race day (only 4 days away!). I rolled on the foot pain reliever, took some ibuprofen, had a smoothie and then harnessed my fuel belt around my waist and I was off!
As I was running, I had the thoughts of all kinds of current goals in my head. I've never been too good at juggling so I've got to choose the order of importance and not let my focus get all muddled. See, on the heels of this Half Marathon thing, I have a romantic trip to take with my husband. We'll be taking a cruise to Cozumel and I'd like to wear a bikini with some amount of confidence. Is there any way I can get six-pack abs in just a couple of weeks? With hard work maybe??? We'll see. :P
For now though, let's get this half marathon completed. Gotta take care of it nice and strong. Push through the pain and endure a few hours of excitement, agony, pressure, pain and joy! Why am I doing this?? Because I don't want to be a wimp anymore! There's an athlete in me! She's strong! She's a champion! and she can do it!
"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals." ~Zig Ziglar
Here's a video reminder of the finish line at Hospital Hill:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and GOOD LUCK on your half marathon this weekend - I hope it goes really well!

    ReplyDelete