Friday, September 16, 2011

So Long Summer...Good-bye Flip-flops...


Farewell summer, my friend... :( Please don't stay away too long this time!
I ran around shutting windows today as fall made its presence known. I was happy to put on a new favorite sweater that I'd just picked up at the thrift store (my daughter even said she'd like to borrow it sometime! Points for ME!) I even had to slip a jacket on over it! My outfit was complete with cold piggies in my pretty white sandals. As difficult as it is to say good-bye to summer, I think packing away my flip-flops might be even tougher. I may just wait til there's snow on the ground!

I do love the beautiful autumn season but it poses a brand-new dilemma... What the heck am I supposed to wear for running now?! This has all been a learn-as-you-go process for me and so I just hadn't thought of that yet. I've only got a drawer full of shorts and tanks...well, and those bell-bottom type sweat pants from my larger days... Guess that's what I'll be slipping into for my 3 mile run bright and early in the freezing cold morning.

The race is only just over a week away and I may have to go shopping for a new running outfit. I'm not even sure what I'll be comfortable in. (Though who am I kidding? Who is ever comfortable when they're running 13 miles?!) I guess I should just shop for something that will look nice. There will be cameras there you know!

If I could afford such things, I'd shop here:
www.lucy.com
I like the running tights! But i can't figure out how to insert the link right! Thanks for your patience as i try to navigate the blog world!

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! :D

1 comment:

  1. Well, I live in Las Vegas. I will be glad to pass you some of this heat. lol Although true, we have cooled down and we are going into our second Summer. The first Summer this year consisted of 110 degree temps. Since we are heading into our second Summer(Fall), we should hover around the 80s/90s. lol :)

    ReplyDelete